MISLEADING BUSINESS PRACTICES--IMAGING INDUSTRY PARTICIPANT
Tomoegawa Company, LTD. of Japan, Tomoegawa Group Companies and, specifically Imaging Products Division has become aware of certain third party company practices in the global marketplace, which are not approved by our company. Through our global investigation, we identified that numerous companies have inappropriately and purposefully engaged to use the name of “Tomoegawa” in order to promote their own toner product business. These written references on their company literature, websites, price lists and warranty declarations are strictly forbidden by Tomoegawa. Subsequent investigation has also found the information in numerous cases to be inaccurate.
Tomoegawa has a long and valued reputation in the imaging industry. We have never given permission for any third party company to use our name or brand for any purpose including:
- Applying the name of Tomoegawa in reference to their company for self-promotion.
- Using our name to promote their products in any form.
- Falsely stating or implying our toner is used in their product.
- Making warranty or guaranty their constructed product is in fact using Tomoegawa toners.
- Any use of Tomoegawa logos or trademarks.
- Making false claim to be an authorized agent or authorized distributor of Tomoegawa toners.
Tomoegawa makes no claim or warranty that the information provided by certain companies in our industry is accurate. We also take no direct responsibility for any information or inference by use of our name on these third party company prepared information. We regret a certain subset of companies in our industry resort to these unscrupulous marketing practices in order to profit from the good reputation of Tomoegawa.
Finally, Tomoegawa has taken this action to point out this potentially misleading and shadow practice. We hope by this action, our valued industry partners and fellow participants will not be harmed by any misleading or potentially fraudulent activities. Tomoegawa will defend our excellent reputation for quality and business integrity, and will consider more serious future actions to protect our valuable name in this industry.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: NEVER TRUST WIRING INSTRUCTIONS SENT VIA EMAIL
Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently confirm wiring instructions in person. Never wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.
In an attempt for Tomoegawa (USA) Inc. to protect both ourselves as well as our customers and business partners from potential fraud we would like to take this time to inform you of the following:
- Tomoegawa’s banking information for remittances has not recently changed. We will only provide wire remittance information on a PDF attachment that is printed on company letterhead. It will never be sent in the body of an email.
- Tomoegawa’s mailing address (for check payments) is 1101 Perimeter Drive, Suite 610, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
- If you are informed that we have new banking information, please call to confirm the information in person before making a payment.
- Should you receive a suspicious Tomoegawa invoice or statement requesting payment, please confirm that the email came from a legitimate Tomoegawa email(@tomoegawa.com) and confirm its accuracy by calling as above before paying.
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you do receive anything that you consider suspicious, please do not hesitate to let us know.